Saturday, May 28, 2011

Eat the Street



 Madre Chocolate decided to join the party down at 555 South Street to sell some chocolate. 
On the last Friday of every month, a few dozen of Oahu's best food trucks converge on one site to throw down. 
 This event was so much fun. Frequented by the good folk of this fair island, every one of them a localvore and, it seemed, every one a chocolate addict.  We enjoyed interacting with smiling customers all evening.
 I didn't venture to far from our tent... We had to literally "hold down the fort" because of high winds.
 Thanks to the thoughtfulness of my friends and co-workers, sustenance was provided. Abby greeted me with a delightful cool beverage. Dave, who has been teaching me the secrets of chocolate, brought me a salted watermelon and cream Ono Pop. It reminded me of feta and watermelon salad, but much sweeter. Very nice! 
When I did step out, it was directly to the Tacos Vicente truck to trade chocolate bars for tacos. A plate of tacos el pastor and another of tacos de pollo. Pretty darn authentic and !Muy Sabrosas! 
Nate rode around on his "choco-bike" or "sample cycle" doling out chocolate samples and selling bars. You can see a great shot of it here.
 The highlight of the evening was by far this little spectacle.


Yes, that is my boss fire breathing.
I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment