Friday, August 12, 2011

on news stands now!

I am posting this on the eve of the wedding of my sister in law Iris to her fiance James. There is much anticipation in this family filled house in the New Hampshire woods. For the union of two lives, for the gathering of good folk and the delight of an afternoon and evening spent in a field with music, dancing... and the gastronomic joys we are in for are just the icing on the cake. I can not wait to tell you all about it and post photos. But for now....


Here it is, if you haven't seen it yet! Our spread in Seattle Met Bride & Groom. Our wedding coordinator thought the photos of our big day would look great in a publication, so she submitted our most intimate day to SMB&G. They thought it was something special too! 

Our photographer Tony Asgari captured the day beautifully. I did spend the better part of two years planning the shindig and the week before baking my little heart out to make the goodies. Butter Scotch Caramels, Butter Pecan Cookies, Molasses Cookies, Spoon Brown Butter Cookies, Oat Crackers, Marshmallows and the Cake.
We even made cave aged cheese! My sister in law Iris and her soon to be husband James have connections at Vermont Shepard. They were kind enough to include me in a day of cheese making. 4 months later they brought the cheese we made to be served at the wedding!
 But what really made this day special? My Groom. And the fact that I now have the honor of calling him Husband.






No comments:

Post a Comment